9.22.2014

PINK BARBIE QUEEN



PINK AND BLUE AIRBRUSH EFFECT RAINCOAT/ BOMBER JACKET: TOPSHOP// sold out, similar here: Boohoo - Pretty Little Thing
BARBIE TSHIRT: *TESCO
BRIGHT PINK HIGH WAISTED LEVIS SHORTS: DIY// similar here: Topshop - Oh My Love
SILKY RIBBED PINK SOCKS: TOPSHOP
PINK PLATFORM SANDALS: *MISSGUIDED
CHOKER NECKLACE: *LOST AT SEA JEWELLERY


Yesterday I was feeling exceedingly pink and girly. I think this desire to become the ultimate pink queen coincides with this seasons Moschino Barbie collection which is probably my favourite collection of the season and now I feel the need to be a Barbie Girl. I was really happy when I remembered my Tesco Barbie shirt-dress, its actually a night dress, but I'm totally going to wear it as a normal tshirt! It's been out for a few weeks already, clearly Tesco is very ahead of the crowd! I thought I'd add it to the look to create a bit of a Moschino vibe. Did I mention I'm so glad pink is going to be here for the foreseeable future???!!! I can't deal with autumnal colours right now, although by saying that I'm probably setting myself up to eat my own words!

Also, I'm not sure if anyones noticed, but I've laid my item links out a little differently. This is because I want to start bringing more charity shop items back into the mix. Since moving back to Birmingham I've been able to go charity shopping a lot recently and I've bought quite a few amazing things that I really want to share with you guys. Only problem is that my charity shop items aren't exactly shoppable, so I've scoured the internet for similar items! I've also done the same for things which are sold out. I'm the type of person who buys clothes and then keeps them for years *secret serial hoarer* so when I'm wearing something from lets say, Topshop, its probably not going to be in stock anymore! Like this raincoat/ bomber jacket which I bought in the sale over two years ago which is still hanging proudly in my wardrobe! Let me know your thoughts!!

17 comments:

  1. Pink 4ever! I loved that Moschino collection too. You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with the Barbie t-shirt, will be hunting down something similar asap. Love your blog and your personal style, you remind me of something straight from the pages of a Rookie yearbook. I love the idea of bringing back Charity shop items, it is great to see one off unique pieces that can't be found, I personally get more inspiration from that then just the same items from the same high street stores x
    http://bunsf0rtea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate barbie but this out fit is amaizng, I'm love in it because it's happy and funny :D
    You' re looking really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing I thought of when I saw the title and photos was Moschino! The shirt looks great with your jacket, you should defs wear it as a normal t-shirt. You look different here with eyeshadow and mascara but it's all in keeping with the Barbie aesthetic

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with this outfit and your blog. Great look!

    O.R.R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the barbie doll print on your top. So Moschino!

    Life With Antlers // A Personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable look! Gotta love the barbie trend!

    Zandra // AZTEC DOLL Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look adorable. I love pink and love your Barbie Girl look The graphic print on your Tesco Barbie shirt-dress is beautiful. Your bright pink high waisted Levis shorts and Topshop pink and blue airbrush effect jacket look beautiful styled together. I love your lipstick and eye-makeup too.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow this is slightly amazing, love the socks with the sandals x
    graciousghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. adore this outfit, think i need more pink in my wardrobe!xo
    loveheartsandfairydust.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh how perfect outfit! Barbie 4ever♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh loving the "similar item"-thing! great idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it !
    Check out my blog
    http://ourfashionworlds.blogspot.com/2014/09/black-diamond.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your BLOG! You should come check out Hipster Tops Teen Clothing Store, Our Teen store sells Hipster Clothing, Crop Tops, Graphic Tees, Crew Neck Sweaters & Hipster Sweaters for teens, You would look great in all of our clothes!

    ReplyDelete